PREVENTING CRAWLING INSECTS FROM INFESTING YOUR LOGAN PROPERTY
There are many insects that can be harmful to our homes and structures. Crawling insects can be scary and creepy to some people. Their small stature and other traits make them difficult to control, especially if they have infested your property.
Logan pest control Extermination offers a broad range of pest management solutions to clients in Logan and surrounding areas. We also offer comprehensive insect control and extermination programs. Let’s take a look at some of the most well-known crawling insects, spiders, and earwigs. We also have tips for keeping them away from your home.
Although only a few ant species are dangerous to humans, their presence can cause serious property damage and increase the risk of other pests. These are some of the ways you can avoid them:
- Take care of your property’s exterior. Trim back shrubs and other plants regularly, remove trash and debris, fix water leaks, and clean up any other problems. These are all possible nesting areas for ants.
- Seal cracks and crevices. Inspect your exterior for cracks or other gaps.
- Proper food storage is essential. Store food in airtight containers and clean up spills as soon as possible. Clean out your fridge, pantry and cupboards regularly to get rid of crumbs and other attractants.
PREVENTION OF SPIDERS
However, spiders can pose a greater risk to human health and safety if they bite. This is not always true. They can pose a threat to your property in either case. However, if you take the time to follow these basic steps (in addition of some of those areas we already covered for ants), they will not be a problem.
- Make sure the property is clean. Spiders love areas that are cluttered with hiding places. They will be less attracted to a property that is clean and tidy.
- You can eliminate potential nesting areas: Spiders build webs in sheds, garages and other storage spaces. Eliminate any potential nesting sites.
Earwigs are a large group of insects that can be mistakenly called other pests. Although they are not harmful to humans, these insects can still be a nuisance. These are some ways to keep earwigs out of your home.
- Remove potential hiding places Earwigs like dark, damp places to hide during the day. You can reduce hiding places by trimming back shrubs and landscaping, sealing cracks and crevices, as well as removing any debris from your property.
- You can change the lighting. Earwigs also like light sources. So, consider changing your outdoor lighting to something less appealing.
- Dry things: Earwigs love damp places, as we have just said. You can reduce the potential moisture sources by fixing any leaks and watering your landscaping.
These tips will help you prevent crawling bugs from infesting Logan properties. Contact Logan Extermination if you have any questions or need help with an infestation.